- done the same activity repeatedly and in a very ordered, precise and similar way each time e.g.:
– constantly washing your hands or clothes, showering or brushing your teeth
– constantly cleaning, tidying or rearranging in a particular way things at home, at work or in the car
– constantly checking that doors and windows are locked and/or appliances are turned off
- had repetitive thoughts or concerns that are not simply about real life problems (e.g. thoughts that you or people close to you will be harmed)
- felt relieved in the short term by doing these things, but soon felt the need to repeat them
- recognised that these feelings, thoughts and behaviours were unreasonable
- found that these thoughts or behaviours take up more than 1 hour a day and/or interfered with your normal routine (e.g. working, studying or seeing friends and family)?
If you answered ‘YES’ it is important to see a doctor.