- experienced or seen something that involved death, injury, torture or abuse and felt very scared or helpless
- had upsetting memories or dreams of the event for at least ONE month?
- found it hard to go about your daily life (e.g. made it difficult for you to work/study or get along with family and friends)?
If you answered ‘YES’ to ALL of these questions, have you also experienced at least THREE of the following:
- avoided activities that remind you of the event
- had trouble remembering parts of the event
- felt less interested in doing things you used to enjoy
- had trouble feeling intensely positive emotions (e.g. love or excitement)
- thought less about the future (e.g. about career or family goals)?
AND have you experienced at least TWO of the following:
- had difficulties sleeping (e.g. had nightmares, or found it hard to fall or stay asleep)
- felt easily angry or irritated
- had trouble concentrating
- felt on guard
- been easily startled?
If you answered ‘YES’, it is important to see a doctor.