We all face difficulties that we manage ourselves or with the help of our family or friends. However, at times we may feel overwhelmed. To help you decide whether you could benefit from seeking professional help you can ask yourself the following questions:
- What is distressing me now?
- Are my usual ways of dealing with this issue/crisis working?
- What resources have I used?
- What resources do I think I need?
- What help is easy to ask for?
- What help is difficult to ask for?
If answering these questions is not easy or makes you feel quite negative or even panicky, you could probably benefit from seeking help.